"There are different gifts but the same Spirit there are different ministries but the same Lord; there are different works but the same God who accomplishes all of them in everyone." (1 Corinthians 12: 4-6)
The Parish Council is a faith-filled leadership body, directed by the Holy Spirit that works in conjunction with the pastor and parish family, to guide the parish in building a Christ-centered community.
- To act in an advisory capacity to the Pastor and establish and serve as a medium of communication between clergy and laity concerning the spiritual and material needs of our parish community.
- To encourage a more prominent lay involvement in the life of our parish community.
- To be the "dreamers" of the parish, looking ahead to the future direction of the parish.
- To cooperate with other Church and civic organizations in serving the community at large.
Council members' responsibilities:
- Maintain an active faith life and participate in parish life.
- Active involvement in personal/parish renewal.
- Participation in meetings, goal-setting and evaluation sessions.
- Participation as liaison between assigned standing committee(s) and Parish Council.