"I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has strenghtened me, that he has made me his servant and judged me faithful." (1 Timothy 2:12)
Altar Serving is a wonderful way to show active commitment to our faith while performing a holy service and allows the server to assist in the celebration. Individuals are trained in one or two sessions (usually a total of 3-6 hours) and then they are servers in training for 5-6 Masses where they participate in all aspects of the Mass from an Altar Server's perspective.
Upon completion of the training, Servers are installed at a Mass. By that time, the Altar Servers will:
- Know the order of the Liturgy of the Mass.
- Be able to anticipate each movement and need of the Celebrant.
- Will be able to perform their duties with grace and reverence.
- Any parishioner age 7-95 yrs. old can train to be an Altar Server, but must have made their First Holy Communion to be installed.
- Chairpersons: Rich & Nancy Ronne